KPA 42nd Annual Meeting & Seminar
DATE: Friday, June 14, 2019
LOCATION: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, 200 McDonald Drive, Lawrence, KS
7:45-9:00 Breakfast & Registration
8:00-8:30 KPA 42nd Annual Membership Meeting
9:00-10:00 Early Morning Workshops
10:20-11:20 Late Morning Workshops
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Kansas Probate in a Nutshell
11:40-12:40 Luncheon Keynote Speaker - Stan Hazlett, Kansas Disciplinary Administrator's Office
12:40-1:10 Luncheon, Awards, Presentation to Annual Seminar Charity (Lawrence Community Shelter), Induction of New Board Members
1:30-2:30 Early Afternoon Workshops
- Ethics & Information Technology
- Estate Planning
2:50-3:50 Late Afternoon Workshops
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- DPOA's and Conservatorship/Guardianship
3:50-4:00 Afternoon Break
4:00-5:00 Social, Auction & Door Prizes
- The event will open with the Annual Meeting of the current Membership of the Kansas Paralegal Association. Only current KPA members are permitted to attend the Annual Meeting.
- The seminar features a 2-track session format focusing on a general track of various topics and an advanced track to meet the varying needs of our attendees. The 2019 Advance Track topics focus on the subject of Life Planning/Elder Law for Paralegals.
- Full day registration includes 5 CLE sessions, breakfast, lunch, and all day beverages.
- Half day registration includes 3 CLE sessions, lunch, and beverages.
- Student registration rates are available to any paralegal/legal studies student currently enrolled in a paralegal/legals studies program. Registration information must include the name of the educational institution.
- CLE credit through the National Federation of Paralegal Associations (NFPA) has been approved - including 2 Ethics credits. CLE certificates will be distributed after conclusion of the event.
- Payment can be made by debit or credit card via the website, or by check payable to the Kansas Paralegal Association and mailed to KPA at P.O. Box 1902, Topeka, KS 66601.