KPA History and Mission Statement

The Kansas Paralegal Association, Inc. (KPA) is a non-profit, professional association which offers membership to paralegals/legal assistants, students, paralegal educators and institutions with an interest in supporting the purposes of the association.  The KPA was incorporated on June 16, 1977 as a non-profit organization under the name of The Kansas Legal Assistants Society. In 1996 the organization changed its name to Kansas Paralegal Association.

The KPA provides a local forum for exchange of ideas, creative development, continuing education, and promotes recognition of the profession as an integral partner in the delivery of legal services.  The goals and purposes of the KPA are to:

    • Promote and maintain high standards in the paralegal profession;
    • Foster creative expansion of the paralegal career;
    • Provide a forum for meeting and exchanging ideas; and,
    • Establish and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with local, state and national paralegal
      and bar associations.

The KPA affirms the paralegal profession as an independent, self-directed profession in affiliation with the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. (NFPA) and maintains working relationships with state and local bar associations.

The KPA is comprised of three districts covering the State of Kansas. (Click here for a map)

The association is governed by a Board of Directors composed of state officers and district directors.  Board meetings are held throughout the year in various locations in the state and are open to interested KPA members.


.

Kansas Paralegal Association is a 501(c)6 non-profit organization. PO Box 1902, Topeka, KS  66601

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software